After completion of the facilitator training and the several community meeting the following action items were identified:
- Establishment of a Horizons Club at the Wahluke High School
- Improve and/or increase local Public Transportation
- Increase the understanding that higher education plays in reducing poverty, and how it can be accessed
- Increase participation in local governmental agencies by youth.
- Increase knowledge of the gang presence (and preventative measures) to the community
- Increase knowledge of how parent can access local educational establishment.
- Increase community knowledge of existing social service programs and how to better access their services
- Increase the communities knowledge and prevention efforts in teen pregnancy, domestic violence and other factors that contribute to generational poverty.
- Increase the knowledge and provide the skills that help in the communities grant writing and fundraising efforts to increase community sustainability.